How Well Do You Know Your Facility’s Underground Piping?
Ask yourself these 10 questions to identify how well you understand your underground piping systems, and evaluate your potential vulnerability to underground corrosion disasters.
- Is our underground carbon steel piping system coated?
- When was our underground carbon steel piping system installed?
- Is our underground carbon steel piping insulated from the above- ground piping?
- Is our underground carbon steel piping system being cathodically protected?
- If installed, is our cathodic protection system being monitored and tested on a yearly basis by a corrosion technician?
- Does our natural gas piping system have an accurate map or drawing?
- Do we have a maintenance program for our exposed steel gas piping?
- Do we have any atmospheric corrosion on our exposed steel gas piping?
- When was the last time we had a leakage survey conducted on our facility’s underground fuel gas piping systems?
- What loss of revenue would we sustain if our fuel gas supply was interrupted for one day? One week?
Honeywell Combustion Safety has been in business since 1984. With engineers and staff members that sit on Code committees such as NFPA 56, NFPA 85, NFPA 86, and NFPA 87, our inside expertise is integrated within all of our practices and our global reach ensures that customers around the world are kept safe. Honeywell Combustion Safety offers Testing and Inspections, Engineering & Upgrades/Retrofits, Gas Hazards Management, Training, and Field Services for all industrial facilities and different types of fuel fired equipment. Contact Honeywell Combustion Safety at +1 216.749.2992 or visit www.combustionsafety.com for additional information.