Rockwell Automation has identified a product anomaly within the GuardLogix PLC that may affect your application.
All Guardlogix applications where the personal computer has RSLogix 5000 software, version 17 installed.
- 1756-L61S, 1756-L62S, 1756-L63S controllers using RSLogix 5000 software, version 17.00.
- Products shipped between January, 2005 and February, 2009. This anomaly exists for all above listed safety controllers. In order for this anomaly to manifest itself, RSLogix 5000 software, version 17 must be installed. Once RSLogix 5000 software, version 17 is installed, the anomaly may be encountered in version 14, version 16, or version 17 projects.
- On the personal computer used for Guardlogix applications, if you have not installed RSLogix 5000 software, version 17, you are not affected.
This anomaly is associated with each safety 1/0 module’s output configuration. A blank value is displayed in the module configuration signature when all of these conditions are met:
- The safety module’s Module Definition “Output Data” is set to “None”.
- You then change the Module Definition “Output Data” to something other than “None”.
- You then exit module properties without modifying any configuration values.
Important: The module configuration signature is not used by Guardlogix customers, so this anomaly does not pose a safety related concern, but could cause user confusion and also documentation concerns for some users.
If a module’s output data configuration is set to none and then changed, you can avoid encountering this anomaly by modifying any input or output module parameter before exiting the module configuration.
The potential product quality concern described above will be corrected in the following version of the RSLogix 5000 software:
- Version 17.01 (RSLogix 5000 software, 9324 Series), Software Standard+ Safety, Standard/Networks+ Safety, Full or Professional packages.
- If you encounter this anomaly, adhere to the temporary workaround defined in this notice.
Requested Customer Action
We request that you take the following actions:
- Update RSLogix 5000 software to version 17.01. Version 17.01 will be available for download after March 15, 2009.
- If you require further technical assistance, please contact Rockwell Automation Technical Support. Use the number provided with your service contract, or the appropriate telephone number as listed on Appendix A. Additional contact numbers and email addresses can be found on http://support.rockwellautomation.com under Phone Support/Email Support.
This Product Notice is posted on the Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase, http://www.rockwellautomation.com/knowledgebase, as ID number 58731. If you would like to receive an email notification when the module profile update is available, click the Software Notification link on the bottom of the Knowledgebase article and submit your request.
Important: If you are not personally impacted by this Product Notice as the products are no longer in your possession, Rockwell Automation requests that you forward a copy of this notice, along with any identifying documentation, immediately to the person or organization that the product has been transferred to.
Did you know that you can sign up for Automatic Product Notifications from Rockwell Automation via email? Go to Support web page at http://suoport.rockwellautomation.com. Under “Self-Service Support” “Knowledgebase Technical questions? Start here!”, you can subscribe to important product updates including Product Safety Advisories and Product Notices.
Equipment Product Advisory