Challenge: Noticing an ongoing reduction in efficiency due to unreliable combustion systems on their dryers and boilers, a large ethanol producer and operator in the Mid-West U.S. contacted CEC to help with the boiler control upgrade on multiple pieces of their equipment.
Boiler Control Upgrade Project Highlights:
- 15% Fuel Savings
- One Turn-key Solution
- Increased Output
CEC was able to provide the design engineering, components, project management, programming, installation, commissioning, safety and interlock testing and operator training in one turn-key project.
The benefits of the project were outstanding:
- Fuel Savings: 15% – 17% less natural gas use; saving over $200 a day; offsetting the upgrade’s cost in less than 18 months.
- Energy Savings: Modern controls produce precise energy consumption.
- Improved Reliability: Reduced downtime and accurate production.
- Resilient Equipment: Ability to tune burners across the firing curve.
- Decreased Start-Up Time: First attempt light off, reduced cycles on pilot equipment.